Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Catty


"With subtle hostility in an effort to annoy."
Over the last few years, I've learned to LOVE to knit.  I learned to knit when I was very small, but never enjoyed it until recently.  I kind of go through stages, knitting different things in large numbers at different times, and last year, it was the:
See-How-Many-Silly-Cat-Collars-You-Can-Get-Your-Patient-Kitty-To-Wear year.
Yep, I turned out some interesting ones.  Like the "Shakespeare Collar".
Looking at it from the front, it was poofy-like, and it reminded me of a stiff collar from the days of Shakespeare.  A first attempt, it didn't go quite as expected, as you can see in the image, the seam is very much wonky.  Then I tried the "Masculine Tie":
Notice the sleeping head with the chin resting on the paws.  This is the ideal position for a kitty model.  This way, they can't scratch you when you repeatedly disgrace them with such rampant mockeries. :D
Next: Professional Button-Up.
A bit over-the-top?  Maybe.  But I was on a roll.  Presenting the Sailor PomPom Collar:
Awww.  No, I think he was actually a bit mad in this shot.  He was getting tired of wearing knit things around his neck.  But, alas, I am bigger than him.  I made another one like this in blue and brown, which was much cuter, but (and how this happened, don't ask me) I don't have an image of him wearing it!
The phase is now over, but my pussy does still every once in a while "deal" with wearing one of these creations.  Was I crazy?  Was I being catty? Pretty much.
Just ask the feline. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading! When you post your comment, please keep in mind that my blog is family-friendly, and overall just...friendly. I'd love to hear what you think!

01 09 10