Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Crocheted Rug


After spending almost a week camping at a historical resort, where I saw this cool rug, I was itching to try it myself.
However, I didn't have a crochet hook large enough, nor did I have any fabric strips, being that our family is getting ready to move, and most of our stuff is in storage.  Well, I come downstairs one day, and my brother Bub reveals this:
Yes.  A maple crochet hook that he whittled (with a bit of help from my dad and his buddy) himself.  Whoo Hoo!  Happy Dance!
Of course, I was now itchy to get fabric to rip into strips, so dear Dad brought me to the local thrift store to buy me a sheet or two.  I commenced, and continued until I ran out of strips.  So, right now, it looks like a placemat:
I can't wait to keep going, and to see how big I can get the rug.  But, for now, with school starting back up, it's an imaginary place mat. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading! When you post your comment, please keep in mind that my blog is family-friendly, and overall just...friendly. I'd love to hear what you think!

01 09 10